GSSA Travel Funding
You must have an active departmental representative sign travel reimbursement forms. You can check the standing of your department and find your department’s active representatives here. If you do not have an active representative, please contact the GSSA President.
This travel award only covers registration and transportation expenses. Note that if you are planning to rent a car and/or be reimbursed for mileage (even in your personal vehicle) you must be a Tulane aurthorized driver.
Funding will be given out in specific application periods (shown below). Available funding for a period will be proportionally split between all applicants in that period.
Travel grants are rarely funded in full. Most students receive 50-80% of requested funds. Grants are allocated based on the number of students who apply.
Travel Award Amounts
- Request up to $500 once per year OR $250 twice per year for presenting at a conference.
- Request up to $200 once per year for attending a conference, which can be combined with a separate $250 presenting award request in a year.
*Note once per year refers to the academic calendar year, which runs from September 1st to August 31st.
All academic-related travel, including travel approved with GSSA, must be booked through Concur.
To Apply for Travel Funding:
- Please refer to the Application Period Chart provided below before applying for the award online.
Application Period Chart Conference Start Date Application Deadline September 1 – December 31 August 15, 5pm CST January 1 – April 30 December 15, 5pm CST May 1 – August 31 April 15, 5pm CST
- Apply for the award online using the Google Doc: Summer Applications 2024.
- You may apply for travel funding prior to acceptance into a conference.
- All decisions will be made within two weeks of the application deadline. If you do not yet have confirmation of your presentation, your award will be pending acceptance of your abstract
- If your travel award application is approved, you will receive news of this approval and future status updates/directions from email@example.com.
To Be Reimbursed for Travel Funding:
Please apply for reimbursement to GSSA first, BEFORE any other funding sources.
Due to COVID-19, a singular PDF will be virtually submitted instead of the packets.
1. To receive reimbursement for a presenting award, you must include a conference program or some item to prove that you, in fact, presented. For virtual conferences, proof of attendance can be confirmation emails from organizers or screenshots of your presence.
In case of any questions or concerns, please contact the GSSA treasurer directly.
If you must make changes to your award (you will no longer be presenting, you are unable to attend, you wish to shift your award to another conference, etc.), email firstname.lastname@example.org and the GSSA Treasurer ASAP. Changes are not accepted after the conference has proceeded.